Monday, July 15, 2019

Not All Cancers Are Pink and Perky

 Not all cancers are Pink & Perky


15.07.2019 

Deeply moved by a these words from a poem by Maya Angelou

" I was poisoned to live,
I was not poisoned to simply exist"

There and then , I decided I have to raise awareness on other types or cancers, especially Lymphoma but why do I just see PINK RIBBONS everywhere . 

My radar , my antenna went active looking around for people who can help me - i went through my whatsapp contacts - some agreed to help but no action. I shouted out to the resource & wellness centre of National Cancer Society Malaysia & will be meeting the Education Executive on Friday.

A further search on google brought me to an article in Sept 2011 that was 8 years ago!! I couldn't find anything more recent . 


September 15th is World Lymphoma Awareness Day and I can't let 15th September 2019 to pass without any awareness raised, even if I have to do it ALL BY MYSELF.




6 comments: